Tuesday, 12 January 2016

White Looking to Restore Confidence

Jaeger White practiced with the Wheat Kings
for the first time on Tuesday.
  The newest member of the Brandon Wheat Kings was on the ice with his teammates for the first time on Tuesday.

  Jaeger White was acquired from Everett Sunday, and has one goal and three points in 26 games between the 'Tips and Lethbridge Hurricanes this season.

  "This year hasn't really panned out the way I wanted it to coming in," White told CKLQ's Bruce Luebke on Tuesday, "The second half of the year here, I'm hoping to get a fresh start and play the way I know I can and I visualized coming into this year."

  The 17-year old White had four goals and 16 points in 40 games with the Lethbridge Hurricanes as a 16-year old rookie in 2014-2015, a total that included nine points in the last 13 games he played before missing the last two months of the season with an upper body injury.

  "The second half, I really came on and felt like I could stick with guys in this league," said White, "For me, it's just getting back to that and knowing that I can play and contribute offensively in this league.  I think a lot of it has to do with confidence and I'm trying to get that back right now."

  The 5-foot-10, 172 pound White is expected to make his Brandon debut Friday when the Wheat Kings host the Red Deer Rebels (7:30 p.m., Westman Communications Group Place).

  The fourth round pick in the 2013 Bantam Draft believes his style of play will mesh well with the style that Brandon likes to play.

  "They play with a lot of speed and like to generate off the rush and it obviously shows," added White, "They score a lot of goals and there's a lot of guys on the team that can burn you with speed or skill.  I think that fits how I play."

  While White practiced with the Wheat Kings for the first time on Tuesday, four players missed practice.

  Ivan Provorov and John Quenneville are getting some extra rest after playing at the World Junior Hockey Championship while Stelio Mattheos (upper body, day-to-day) and Tanner Kaspick (upper body, week-to-week) are on Brandon's injury report.
 

No comments: