Thursday, 7 January 2016

Clague Off to Top Prospects Game

Kale Clague
  Wheat Kings' defenceman Kale Clague is one of 12 Western Hockey League players named to play in the Canadian Hockey League's Top Prospects Game later this month.

  Clague was rated an 'A' Prospect or having first round potential in the NHL Central Scouting Service's preliminary rankings last month, and has one goal and 15 points in 40 games this season.

  "It's the big stage, with all the draft-eligible players my age," said Clague on Thursday, "I'm looking to make a name, I'm looking to perform and play well."

  Clague will be a member of Team Cherry for the game, which takes place January 28th in Vancouver.

  The 17-year old Clague has already been meeting with NHL scouts during the course of the 2015-2016 season as they do their best to get to know the Lloydminster, Alberta product.

  "Every night, you know there's going to be NHL guys in the stands and you just want to play your game every single night," said Clague, "I feel like I'm starting to play a lot better than I was at the start of the year.  I just try to block it out, stick to what I do best, know what I can do out there that makes me successful and I'm hoping whatever I'm doing is working and will pay off."

  This year's event is the 21st edition of the CHL Top Prospects Game, and Clague becomes the 18th Wheat Kings' player to participate.

  Darren Van Oene attended the very first game in 1996, while Ivan Provorov and Ryan Pilon attended in 2015.

  Brayden Schenn, Eric Fehr, Jordin Tootoo and Ryan Craig are among other Wheat Kings to play in the contest.

  You can find the complete rosters for the 2016 CHL Top Prospects Game by clicking here.

No comments: