Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Quenneville Signs with Devils

John Quenneville
  Brandon Wheat Kings' centre John Quenneville has signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the NHL's New Jersey Devils.

  Quenneville, who was the Devils' first round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, signed a deal worth just over 2.5 million dollars that includes a $277,500 signing bonus.

  "It's the next step for me as a player.  I'm a pro hockey player now so it makes me feel really confident in myself and my abilities," said Quenneville in an interview with Devils' TV, "For me now, it's just working on development and working to try and play here one day."

  Quenneville had 17 goals and 47 points in 57 regular season games with the Wheat Kings last year but upped his production in the playoffs, scoring ten goals and 19 points in 19 games in helping Brandon reach the Western Hockey League Final.

  "Signing is nice for me.  It's something that I've worked towards and something that I've wanted for a long time," added Quenneville, "Now that I've done that, I'm working toward the next step."

  Quenneville is currently attending the Devils' Development Camp at AmeriHealth Pavilion at Prudential Center in New Jersey.

  It's the second straight year the 19-year old Edmonton product is at the camp but it is a little different this year under a new staff that includes GM Ray Shero and coach John Hynes.

  "It's nice to see what the coaches are saying, their philosophies and what they expect of us," said Quenneville, "I'm taking in everything that I can from the new coaching staff."

  Despite signing the contract, Quenneville is still expected to return to Brandon for the 2015-2016 season and play a fourth year with the Wheat Kings.

No comments: