Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Roy Could Return this Weekend

Eric Roy
  Eric Roy could make his season debut as early as this weekend.

  The 20-year old defenceman has practiced fully with the Wheat Kings so far this week as he makes his way back from a shoulder injury suffered at the Calgary Flames' Rookie Camp in mid-September.

  "I'm getting closer.  I just have to go by the week here, practice with the guys and get hit a couple of times," said Roy, "Ttake it day-by-day, make sure I have no setbacks and, hopefully, be back 100 per cent."

  The Wheat Kings' active career leader in games played (256) and points (155) is entering his fifth season in the Western Hockey League, but that doesn't mean he wants to overthink things once he gets back into the lineup.

  "I'm just going to go out there and play my game," said Roy, "The guys have good chemistry right now...I'm just going to join the club, try to play my game and just go out there, be simple, be assertive out there and work hard."

  Brandon is off to a 5-0-1-0 start to their regular season.

  The Wheat Kings return to action Saturday when they open a three-game Alberta road trip in Red Deer.

No comments: