Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Conrad Undecided About Future

Colt Conrad was playing in the Source for
Sports AAA Hockey Challenge in Brandon this
past weekend.
  Colt Conrad says he hasn't made any firm decisions about where he'll play next season.

  The Brandon Wheat Kings acquired the rights to the 17-year old Conrad as part of the Ryan Pilon trade last November, and the St. Alphonse product has verbally committted to Western Michigan University for the 2015-2016 season.

  Conrad was in Brandon this past weekend, participating in the Source for Sports AAA Hockey Challenge.

  "There's still a lot of deciding left to do here in the summer,"s aid Conrad, "I've got a lot of choices I have to think about over the next few weeks and, hopefully, I can come up with the best option for me and see where that leads me."

  Conrad played on the prep team at Shattuck St. Mary's in Minnesota last season, scoring 14 goals and 41 points in 45 games.

  He added three goals and seven points in five games while playing with Team West and the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge last winter, where his teammates included current Wheat King Jesse Gabrielle.

  "Growing up not too far from Brandon, I was always exposed to WHL hockey and that was always my dream and then a few years back, a few colleges started talking to me and I really started looking at their hockey and started realizing that it still good," added Conrad, "They're both great hockey and whichever one I choose, I'm sure it's fine and perfectly good."

  His USHL rights are held by Waterloo, while the Waywayseecappo Wolverines hold his MJHL rights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope Colt Conrad and Wade Allison decide to join this potential championship winning team, they are quality players.
If they join, Brandon are the new Portland/Edmonton powerhouse of the WHL