Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Busy Summer Continues for Hawryluk

  A busy summer continues this week for Brandon Wheat Kings' forward Jayce Hawryluk.
  This Sunday, he's off to Quebec for the National Junior Team's Development Camp.

  "I feel like I'm barely home, feel like I'm on the road more but I expected that.  I knew this summer was going to be really busy but I've been having a lot of fun and I'm ready to go to Montreal and see what I can do down there," said Hawryluk earlier this week, "It's a big honour to be invited to the that camp and I'm just going to soak all I can in there and do my best."

  It's the latest trip for Hawryluk after the Roblin product participated in Florida's Development Camp earlier this month.

  He was chosen by the Panthers in the second round of June's NHL Draft.

  "Definitely gives you a good idea and some insight into what it takes," said Hawryluk, "Some of the guys that have played in the NHL or are playing in the minors, you see how hard they work or how skilled they are and you see that you're really not that far behind and it's coming closer."

  Hawryluk is one of three Manitobans that'll be at the camp, joining Philadelphia Flyers' first round pick Travis Sanheim of Elkhorn and Winnipeg product Madison Bowey of the WHL's Kelowna Rockets.

  "I think I just go there and play my game and show them what I can bring to the table and just work hard," said Hawryluk, "If they like what they see, hopefully I'll be on that team come December."

  The players at Hockey Canada's Summer Development Camp will arrive on Sunday, practice on Monday and will then play a series of exhibition games against National Under-20 teams from the Czech Republic and Russia for the rest of the week.

No comments: