Saturday, 24 May 2014

Allison Keeping Options Open

Wade Allison
  Wade Allison was an unexpected participant Saturday at the Brandon Wheat Kings' Prospects Camp.

  The 16-year old Winnipeg product has already committed to Western Michigan University, and intends to spend the 2014-2015 season playing with the Tri-City Storm of the USHL.

  "I'm just trying to keep my options open, just in case something doesn't go right in Western or I decide to come here," said Allison after Saturday's on-ice session, "It's a great league and I definitely wouldn't mind playing here.  Next year, I'm in Tri-City and maybe I'll come here in a couple of years...I'm not sure yet."

  A seventh round pick of Brandon in the 2012 Bantam Draft, the 6-foot-1, 200 pound Allison helped the Omaha U-16 team capture the USA Hockey Tier I National Championship.

  He tallied an incredible 75 goals and 152 points in 77 games.





Mark Taraschuk
  Meanwhile, defenceman Mark Taraschuk is at the Wheat Kings' Prospects Camp for the third time.

  The 17-year old Winnipeg product was a sixth round pick of Brandon in the 2012 Bantam Draft and is a strong candidate to patrol the Wheat Kings' blueline next season.

  "This year was all just about coming out with a good attitude, meet some news guys and make myself look good and get come back in August and be ready to play for the team," said Taraschuk, "I definitely want to play to my best potential and do what it takes to show myself."

  The 6-foot-2, 190 pound Tarachuk averaged about a point per game in helping the Winnipeg Wild capture the Manitoba AAA Midget Hockey League title this past season.

  He was also named a second team all-star.

No comments: