33. Jordan Papirny
1. Logan Thompson
6. Ryan Pilon - 2. Ryan Pulock
5. Colton Waltz - 9. Rene Hunter
11. Taylor Green - 32. Kale Clague
18. Richard Nejezchleb - 23. Tim McGauley - 15. Peter Quenneville
13. Rihards Bukarts - 20. Chad Robinson - 24. Jens Meilleur
7. Eric Roy - 17. John Quenneville - 19. Nolan Patrick
21. Tyler Coulter - 28. Quintin Lisoway - 12. Jesse Gabrielle
- Jayce Hawryluk (undisclosed) will not play for the Wheat Kings tonight after, presumably, being injured in practice Thursday. Hawryluk collided with a teammate during a drill in practice yesterday but did finish practice. Curtis Honey (finger) and Ryley Lindgren (lower body) are also out with injuries while Braylon Shmyr, Brett Kitt and Kord Pankewicz are the other Brandon scratches.
- In dealing with Hawryluk's injury, the Wheat Kings will dress 11 forwards and seven defencemen for tonight's game. Based on how they went through warmup, it looks like fourth-year blueliner Eric Roy will replace Hawryluk on the line with John Quenneville and Nolan Patrick.
- Brandon's defence core, which included four players with 30-plus points in the regular season, has been very quiet in this series. The Brandon blueliners have combined for just one assists in the first four games, and captain Ryan Pulock is pointless so far. In fact, Pulock is on a six-game pointless streak going into Game Five tonight.
- Saw this interesting note today -- Wednesday's loss was the first ever in the second round of the playoffs for the Edmonton Oil Kings 2.0. The Oil Kings swept Brandon in 2012 and Medicine Hat in 2013 and didn't make it to the second round of the post-season prior to the last two years.
- The Oil Kings get another big forward back tonight as 6-foot-4, 206 pound Brandon Baddock returns after missing 22 games with a broken hand.
RIDERS ANNOUNCE 2017 COACHING STAFF
1 hour ago