33. Jordan Papirny
1. Logan Thompson
6. Ryan Pilon - 2. Ryan Pulock
7. Eric Roy - 9. Rene Hunter
11. Taylor Green - 5. Colton Waltz
18. Richard Nejezchleb - 23. Tim McGauley - 15. Peter Quenneville
13. Richards Bukarts - 20. Chad Robinson - 19. Nolan Patrick
12. Jesse Gabrielle - 17. John Quenneville - 8. Jayce Hawryluk
28. Quintin Lisoway - 26. Ryley Lindgren - 24. Jens Meilleur
- Curtis Honey (upper body) is out of the Wheat Kings' lineup, leaving 16-year old Logan Thompson to back-up Jordan Papirny. Thompson was a sixth round pick of Brandon in the 2012 Bantam Draft and spent the 2013-14 season with the AMHL's Calgary Buffaloes.
- Kale Clague, Braylon Shmyr, Kord Pankewicz, Tyler Coulter and Brett Kitt are the other Brandon scratches. All five skated during the Wheat Kings' workout today at Rexall Place so, presumably, they are healthy scratches.
- Talking to Tim McGauley after Brandon's practice on Wednesday, he noted that it would be very important for the Wheat Kings to hold Edmonton to three goals or less. That's easier said than done, but the numbers do point to success if Brandon can do that. The Wheat Kings are 30-4-1-1 this season (including playoffs) when holding their opponents to three of fewer goals.
- As expected, the Oil Kings will welcome forward Reid Petryk back to their lineup tonight. The 20-year old missed the final two games of the regular season and Edmonton's sweep of Prince Albert in the first round due to injury. Blake Orban (lower body) and Brandon Baddock (upper body) remain out of Edmonton's lineup.
- The Oil Kings may have solved their Achilles heal in the opening round. After finishing 17th in the WHL in the regular season with a power-play success rate at 19.6%, the Oil Kings went 5-for-12 against Prince Albert in the opening round and lead the league in playoff success rate.
RIDERS ANNOUNCE 2017 COACHING STAFF
1 hour ago