33. Jordan Papirny
35. Curtis Honey
6. Ryan Pilon - 2. Ryan Pulock
7. Eric Roy - 9. Rene Hunter
11. Taylor Green - 5. Colton Waltz
12. Jesse Gabrielle - 17. John Quenneville - 8. Jayce Hawryluk
18. Richard Nejezchleb - 23. Tim McGauley - 15. Peter Quenneville
13. Rihards Bukarts - 20. Chad Robinson - 19. Nolan Patrick
28. Quintin Lisoway - 26. Ryley Lindgren - 24. Jens Meilleur
- The Wheat Kings will dress 21 players for warmup, with Tyler Coulter listed as a ?. Methinks that Peter Quenneville might actually be the player that's testing things in warmup. If he can't go, it means Coulter is in.
- Kord Pankewicz, Braylon Shmyr and Brett Kitt are the other scratches for Brandon.
- The Wheat Kings were 4-0-0-0 against the Pats on home-ice this season, are 18-2-0-0 against Regina at WCGP the last five years and 35-5-5-1 versus the Pats in Brandon over the last ten seasons. Stats are sometimes overblown in the playoffs, so I'm not those mean a lot but it is interesting nonetheless.
- Daniel Wapple returns from a reported ankle injury to start Game #3 in goal for Regina tonight. Not a complete surprise for me, since he was participating in the Pats' game-day skate earlier today at Westman Place. Wapple missed the last five games of the regular season and the first two playoff games but played well for the Pats after being acquired from Medicine Hat at the trade deadline, going 12-5-1 with a 2.83 GAA and .910 SPCT. Interestingly enough, Wapple's return means the starter in Games #1 and #2, Dawson MacAuley, watched from the stands tonight with Tyler Fuhr serving as the backup.
- Kind of subtle stat, but it bears pointing out. Regina had four defencemen with 32+ points during the regular season, with Kyle Burroughs, Colby Williams, Dmitry Sinitsyn and Jesse Zgraggen combining for 32 goals and 153 points. Through the first two games of this series, they have combined for three points, all of them assists by Zgraggen.
PREVIEW: LETHBRIDGE AT REGINA, GAME 5
8 hours ago