35. Curtis Honey
33. Jordan Papirny
6. Ryan Pilon - 2. Ryan Pulock
7. Eric Roy - 9. Rene Hunter
11. Taylor Green - 5. Colton Waltz
18. Richard Nejezchleb - 23. Tim McGauley - 15. Peter Quenneville
13. Rihards Bukarts - 20. Chad Robinson - 24. Jens Meilleur
12. Jesse Gabrielle - 17. John Quenneville - 8. Jayce Hawryluk
28. Quintin Lisoway - 26. Ryley Lindgren - 21. Tyler Coulter
- John Quenneville will return to the Wheat Kings' lineup tonight after missing six games with an upper body injury while Rene Hunter has back after missing Wednesday's loss to Medicine Hat. Brandon's scratches tonight are Kord Pankewicz, Braylon Shmyr and Brett Kitt.
- Rihards Bukarts brings a seven-game point streak into Friday's, registering nine points (6 G, 3 A) in that span. Bukarts is tied for 3rd in rookie scoring in the WHL with 41 points (21 G, 20 A) while teammate Peter Quenneville is 5th in rookie scoring with 40 points (16 G, 24 A). Quenneville had an eight-game point streak end Wednesday against Medicine Hat.
- The Wheat Kings' power-play has scored at least one goal in ten consecutive games, going 13-for-44 (29.5%) in that span. Brandon is currently second in the WHL in power-play success rate at 25.3%. The last time the Wheat Kings had the WHL's #1-ranked power-play at the end of the season was 2004-2005.
- Despite being tied for first-place in the East Division, both the Wheat Kings and Swift Current have struggled as of late. Brandon has lost five of their last seven games (2-3-1-1) while the Broncos have lost seven of their last ten contests (3-5-1-1).
- Swift Current has some top offensive weopons, but it's been a little bit of a struggle lately for the Broncos as far as scoring goals is concerned. Swift Current has scored 16 goals in their last six games, scoring two or fewer goals in four of those contests.
18 hours ago