1. Corbin Boes
35. Curtis Honey
3. Tyler Yaworski - 2. Ryan Pulock
25. Nick Walters - 7. Eric Roy
10. Kord Pankewicz - 5. Colton Waltz
29. Nick Buonassisi - 20. Chad Robinson - 24. Jens Meilleur
19. Taylor Cooper - 23. Tim McGauley - 8. Jayce Hawryluk
15. Jack Palmer - 14. Jason Swyripa - 22. Marek Kalus
26. Geordie Maguire - 28. Quintin Lisoway - 17. John Quenneville
- The Brandon Wheat Kings will scratch D Rene Hunter (illness), F Richard Nejezchleb (hand, 7-10 days) and F Tyrel Seaman (concussion, out for season).
- The Wheat Kings have lost three straight and six of their last seven games overall and enter tonight's contest on a five-game road winless streak. Brandon is 10-18-1-2 on the road this season and have held a lead after the first period once in 31 road games this season. That single game was in Swift Current back on September 28th, when they led 3-1 through 20 minutes in a game they eventually won 5-4 in a shootout.
- Whose turn will it be tonight? In the last four games, the Wheat Kings have had a player break a long goalless streak. Jack Palmer broke a 21-game goalless drought on February 15th, Nick Buonassisi snapped a 13-game drought on February 16th, Jason Swryipa broke an 18-game goalless streak on February 18th and Chad Robinson snapped an 11-game goalless streak on Friday in Saskatoon. Tonight's candidates include Geordie Maguire (17 games), Nick Walters (18 games), Tyler Yaworski (43 games) and Kord Pankewicz (45 games).
- Here's an interesting stat to chew on for tonight; the Wheat Kings are 11-22-1-1 in 35 games against the teams currently in playoffs spots in the Eastern Conference including a 1-4-0-0 mark against the 7th-place Broncos. In addition, Brandon is 1-5-1-1 against the eight teams currently in playoff spots in the Western Conference.
- If you're looking for a good candidate for Most Valuable Player in the Western Hockey League, look no further than Swift Current Broncos' captain Adam Lowry. Lowry is tied for 7th in the WHL in scoring with 40 goals and 78 points this season. What makes his total amazing is that he's scored 23.1% of the Broncos' goals this season (40 of 173) and been involved in 45.1% of Swift Current's goals (78 of 173).
- Eetu Laurikainen makes his 13th straight start in goal for Swift Current. Laurikainen has a 2.25 GAA and .935 SPCT in 11 games this month, although Swift Current is just 3-6-0-2 this month. That's because the Broncos have scored just 18 goals this month.
Kootenay vs Calgary Exhibition Game #5
2 days ago