35. Curtis Honey
1. Corbin Boes
3. Tyler Yaworski - 2. Ryan Pulock
25. Nick Walters - 7. Eric Roy
9. Rene Hunter - 5. Colton Waltz
10. Kord Pankewicz
29. Nick Buonassisi - 20. Chad Robinson - 24. Jens Meilleur
19. Taylor Cooper - 23. Tim McGauley - 8. Jayce Hawryluk
15. Jack Palmer - 14. Jason Swyripa - 22. Marek Kalus
28. Quintin Lisoway - 17. John Quenneville
- Corbin Boes is back in the lineup after missing 12 games with a knee injury, serving in a backup capacity to starting netminder Curtis Honey. Brandon scratches F Richard Nejezchleb (hand, 10-14 days) and F Tyrel Seaman (concussion, out for season). Geordie Maguire (healthy) is the final scratch for the Wheat Kings after taking pre-game warmup.
- Amazing stat of the day today -- the Brandon Wheat Kings have led after the first period nine times in 61 games this season and just once, ONCE, in 30 road games this season.
- Other stats to consider - Brandon has allowed the most shots of any team in the WHL (2,226 or 36.49 per game) and have scored first a league-low 20 times this season. The Wheat Kings are also the least penalized team in the league with 863 PIM, an average of 14.15 per game.
- Saskatoon is trying for a 14th straight victory tonight, which would set a franchise record. The mark of 13 straight was established by the 1987-88 edition of the Blades that included current assistant coach Curtis Leschyshyn and current goaltending coach Tim Cheveldae.
- Former Wheat Kings Brenden Walker and Michael Ferland have been a big part of the Blades' win streak. Walker has nine goals and 18 points during the 13-game win streak while Ferland has six goals and 21 points. Of course Ferland won't play tonight because of a one-game suspension.
From The ICE Office
2 days ago