35. Curtis Honey
33. Jordan Papirny
7. Eric Roy - 2. Ryan Pulock
25. Nick Walters - 9. Rene Hunter
10. Kord Pankewicz - 5. Colton Waltz
29. Nick Buonassisi - 28. Quintin Lisoway - 15. Jack Palmer
19. Taylor Cooper - 23. Tim McGauley - 24. Jens Meilleur
22. Marek Kalus - 8. Jayce Hawryluk - 17. John Quenneville
26. Geordie Maguire - 14. Jason Swyripa
- The Wheat Kings' scratches include F Chad Robinson, whom I can only assume is out because of illness. G Corbin Boes (knee), D Tyler Yaworski (suspension), F Richard Nejezchleb (lacerated hand) and F Tyrel Seaman (concussion) are also out tonight.
- Rookie F Jayce Hawryluk takes a three-game goal-scoring streak into tonight's contest, having tallied five times in the last three contests. In fact, Hawryluk has points in five of the last six games (6 G, 2 A) and has moved into seventh-place in rookie scoring in the WHL with 33 points.
- The Wheat Kings haven't won back-to-back home games since December 8th and 14th, and have the second-worst home record in the WHL at 9-15-1-0. You wonder if fans have noticed because Brandon's average attendance is down 344 fans per game from last season's average of 4,141.
- Lethbridge opened a four-game East Division road trip with a 5-2 win over the Regina Pats last night. Former Wheat King Ty Rimmer stopped 48 shots in the victory. Rimmer leads the entire WHL with 1,652 saves and also leads the league in games played and minutes played. The 20-year old Rimmer has played in 52 of 55 games (including tonight) and 3,054 of 3,404 possible minutes in the Hurricanes' goal this season.
- If you're wondering, Brandon's magic # for officially being eliminated from the Eastern Conference playoff race is 26 points. Under the 'Luber Formula', you subtract one of two points from 26 every time a) Brandon loses a game in regulation or overtime or b) Medicine Hat wins a game or earns a loser point.
CHRIS JONES PREGAME NEWS CONFERENCE NOTES
18 hours ago