33. Jordan Papirny
35. Curtis Honey
3. Tyler Yaworski - 2. Ryan Pulock
25. Nick Walters - 7. Eric Roy
5. Colton Waltz - 9. Rene Hunter
29. Nick Buonassisi - 20. Chad Robinson - 15. Jack Palmer
19. Taylor Cooper - 23. Tim McGauley - 24. Jens Meilleur
22. Marek Kalus - 8. Jayce Hawryluk - 17. John Quenneville
26. Geordie Maguire - 28. Quintin Lisoway - 14. Jason Swyripa
- Jordan Papirny will make his Western Hockey League debut for the Brandon Wheat Kings tonight. The 16-year old netminder played in a pair of pre-season games with the Wheat Kings in September before being sent to the SSAC Athletics of the Alberta Midget Hockey League. Papirny was the 22nd overall pick in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft and will be returning to the Athletics following tonight's contest. With Corbin Boes (knee) injured, there's a good chance Curtis Honey is looking at a long string of consecutive starts in the Brandon net so in addition to getting a look at Papirny, it's a chance to give Honey a rest tonight as well.
- In addition to Boes, Brandon will also scratch F Tyrel Seaman (concussion, out for season) and F Richard Nejezchleb (lacerated hand/thumb, indefinite). Kord Pankewicz took part in the pre-game warmup but is a healthy scratch for the Wheat Kings.
- Brandon went 4-9-0-0 in the month of January. How tough a month was it? Braylon Shmyr finished tied for 6th in goal scoring, netting his first career WHL goal in the only game he played on January 2nd. BTW, Corbin Boes was named the Tip Top Tailors Player of the Month today with a 2-4 record, 3.47 GAA and .911 SPCT in six January starts.
- A trend that'd be nice to reverse for the Wheat Kings. Brandon has led after the first period just six times in 52 games this season (going 3-2-1 in those games, I might add).
- Two struggling teams preparing to meet tonight. The Wheat Kings have lost three in a row, being outscored 15-3 in the process, while the Pats have lost eight straight (0-6-1-1). The last six losses by Regina have all been by a single goal.
1 month ago