1. Corbin Boes
35. Curtis Honey
3. Tyler Yaworski - 32. Ryley Miller
7. Eric Roy - 5. Colton Waltz
6. Ayrton Nikkel - 12. Riley Van Horne
29. Nick Buonassisi - 20. Chad Robinson - 14. Jason Swyripa
13. Alessio Bertaggia - 8. Jayce Hawryluk - 18. Richard Nejezchleb
17. John Quenneville - 28. Quintin Lisoway - 26. Geordie Maguire
19. Taylor Cooper - 10. Kord Pankewicz
- On December 12, 2007, Nick Buonassisi made his WHL debut as a 15-year old callup with the Prince George Cougars as they hosted Medicine Hat. Three days later, he scored his first WHL goal (The Teddy Bear Goal) for the Cougars. Tonight, the former 11th round draft pick will play his 300th career Western Hockey League game. A first-year Wheat King, Buonassisi has 57 goals and 155 points in 299 career games. I had a good chat with Nick about reaching the 300 mark tonight and will have that interview for you in our second intermission show.
- Brandon dresses the same lineup for tonight's contest as they did for Saturday's 5-0 loss in Swift Current. Scratches are D Ryan Pulock (upper body), D Rene Hunter (illness), F Jack Palmer (upper body), F Tyrel Seaman (upper body), F Tim McGauley (upper body) and F Jens Meilleur (upper body).
- Wheat Kings' F Alessio Bertaggia will leave one week from today to head overseas for the Swiss Junior Team's training camp. Bertaggia is expected to miss Brandon's last four games before the Christmas break and at least seven more games if, as expected, he plays for Switzerland in the 2013 World Junior Hockey Championship in Ufa, Russia.
- It's a battle between two struggling teams tonight. The Wheat King have lost five in a row and nine of their last ten games while the Tigers broke an 8-game losing streak with a 2-1 shootout victory over the visiting Lethbridge Hurricanes last night.
- It's been an up-and-down season for Medicine Hat. The Tigers started 3-1-1-0 in their first five games, then lost eight of their next nine games. They recovered to win seven of their next eight, and then promptly went on that eight-game losing streak.
THE WEDNESDAY THRILLER ... WITH PHIL ANDREWS
1 hour ago