Friday, 16 November 2012

Pulock Feels Impression Made

Ryan Pulock chases a puck during second period action
at the Pacific Coliseum Wednesday.
Photo by Jason Kurylo for www.puckedinthehead.com.
Brandon Wheat Kings’ captain Ryan Pulock re-joined the team Thursday in Cranbrook after playing with Team WHL in Game #5 of the Subway Super Series in Vancouver on Wednesday night.


Pulock went pointless in Team WHL’s 1-0 shootout victory over the Russian Selects Thursday and the 18-year old felt good about the way he performed.

“There’s a lot of skilled d-men on that team so I knew that if I want to make the World Junior team, I may have to change my role a little bit,” said Pulock on Thursday, “I felt I did a pretty good job of that (Wednesday) night of just staying back and playing pretty solid defensively.”

Pulock is tied for the league-lead in goals by a defencemen with eight and second behind Spokane’s Brendan Kichton for points by a blueliner with 22 so far this season.

This year was the second straight year Pulock has played with Team WHL in the Super Series, which the 18-year old felt gave him a little bit of an advantage.

“The pressure is definitely there but it helped, for me, to have already been there. It relieved some of the other sidetracks that I might have had if I hadn’t been there last year,” said Pulock, “It’s a great opportunity to show yourself to the head scouts and the Team Canada team so, hopefully, I did something right there.”

It’s expected that Pulock will have to wait until early next month to find out if he did enough to earn a call to the Canadian Junior Team Selection Camp.

That’s when Hockey Canada is expected to unveil their invite list.

Pulock sat out the Wheat Kings’ practice Thursday in advance of Brandon’s game against the Kootenay Ice on Friday night (7:35 p.m., 880 CKLQ).

It’s the first game of a three-game in three-night road trip for the Wheat Kings.

No comments: