1. Corbin Boes
35. Curtis Honey
3. Tyler Yaworski - 32. Ryley Miller
7. Eric Roy - 5. Colton Waltz
6. Ayrton Nikkel - 12. Riley Van Horne
29. Nick Buonassisi - 20. Chad Robinson - 15. Jack Palmer
13. Alessio Bertaggia - 14. Jason Swyripa - 18. Richard Nejezchleb
17. John Quenneville - 23. Tim McGauley - 8. Jayce Hawryluk
26. Geordie Maguire - 10. Kord Pankewicz - 19. Taylor Cooper
- As expected, Ryan Pulock misses his third straight game for the Wheat Kings tonight with an upper body injury. D Rene Hunter (illness), F Jens Meilleur (lower body) and F Tyrel Seaman (upper body) are Brandon's other scratches tonight.
- F Alessio Bertaggia returns to Brandon's lineup after missing three games with a lower body injury. Bertaggia's presence may help take some of the pressure off the all-rookie line of Quenneville, McGauley and Hawryluk. The trio were a combined -21 in the two losses to Prince Albert this past weekend.
- Corbin Boes gets the start in goal for Brandon and enters the game just 62 minutes shy of 5,000 for his WHL career. Boes has been hot and cold throughout the 2012-2013 season and I thought the Wheat Kings may have given Curtis Honey his first back-to-back starts of the season here in Swift Current but they elected to go back to Boes tonight.
- I like the idea of pairing Eric Roy with someone different, as they will with Colton Waltz tonight. Roy has been struggling in November, to the tune of a -14 rating in his last seven games.
- Brandon and Swift Current play three times in the next five days (tonight, tomorrow in Brandon and Saturday back in Swift Current) but tonight's game also marks the end of another scheduling quirk for the Broncos. They haven't played since last Tuesday in Edmonton. BTW, in between Games #2 and #3 against Brandon, the Broncos will host Spokane in Swift Current on Friday night so it's not three in a row against the Wheat Kings for the Broncos.
ALOUETTES ACQUIRE OLAFIOYE
15 hours ago