1. Corbin Boes
35. Curtis Honey
3. Tyler Yaworski - 2. Ryan Pulock
32. Ryley Miller - 7. Eric Roy
6. Ayton Nikkel - 9. Rene Hunter
12. Riley Van Horne
29. Nick Buonassisi - 20. Chad Robinson - 15. Jack Palmer
19. Taylor Cooper - 21. Tyrel Seaman - 14. Jason Swyripa
17. John Quenneville - 23. Tim McGauley - 8. Jayce Hawryluk
26. Geordie Maguire - 10. Kord Pankewicz
- Brandon scratches tonight including leading scorer Alessio Bertaggia, who is day-to-day with a lower body injury. F Jens Meilleur (lower body), F Richard Nejezchleb (shoulder) and D Colton Waltz (personal) are also out of the Wheat Kings' lineup tonight.
- The Wheat Kings will be out to break a four-game losing streak but, in order to do so, the club will have do spend a little more time in the offensive zone and, obviously, score a few more goals. Brandon has scored three or fewer goals in 12 of their last 13 games and 17 of the last 19 games, with the team average 2.4 goals per game over their last 19 contests. Not surprisingly, the team is 5-11-2-1 in their 19 games.
- Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story, and sometimes they do. Brandon is ranked 21st in the WHL in goals against (3.89 per game), are 22nd in penalty-killing (69.2%) and 15th in power-play (17.9%). To compound Brandon's penalty-kill woes, the team has been shorthanded the ninth-most times this season (104 in 23 games). The Wheat Kings have been shorthanded the fewest times for five straight seasons.
- I was just thinking today that 2012-2013 appears to be a season of role-reversals so far. The Prince Albert Raiders (missed playoffs four of the last five years) are currently leading the Eastern Conference and the Lethbridge Hurricanes (out of playoffs for three straight years) are challenging for first-place in the Central Division.
- A trio of Wheat Kings are uncharacteristically near the bottom of the WHL's Plus/Minus stats. Ryley Miller is tied for sixth-worst in the WHL with a -12 rating while Eric Roy and Rene Hunter are tied for 13th-worst at -11.
DURANT SPEAKS AT MARKS CFL WEEK
1 hour ago