Thursday, 14 June 2012

Boes Not Worried About Draft

Corbin Boes
Corbin Boes says he's not overly concerned about what might happen in the NHL Draft.

The Brandon Wheat Kings' goaltender is eligible for the second straight year and is a candidate to hear his name called after finishing the 2011-2012 season on a strong note, going 15-9-1 with a 2.65 goals against average and .926 save percentage from February 1st through to the end of the playoffs.

"Whatever happens, happens. It's not going to change me or how it affects my game," said Boes on CKLQ's Monday Sports Talk earlier this week, "I'm still going to work the same. I think, personally, if I don't get drafted it's just going to motiviate me more."

Boes got some significant recognition this spring, attending Hockey Canada's Program of Excellence Goaltending Camp in Calgary this past weekend -- one of 16 netminders from across the country that took part.

"It was a good experience all-around and just a lot fun to hang out with some of those guys that were there," said Boes, "It was a really good experience and I'm just looking forward to taking some of the things the coaches taught me over the weekend and trying to apply them to my game."

Boes was also asked about whether he considered himself a late bloomer, and what he planned to do to keep busy during the off-season during his appearance with Tyler Crayston and myself.

Here's the complete conversation...

video

No comments: