Thursday, 12 April 2012

Pulock Looks Forward to Wearing Red & White

Ryan Pulock
It's not the way he wanted the opportunity but Ryan Pulock is donning the red and white later this week.

As reported late Wednesday night, the Brandon wheat kings' defenceman will join the Canadian team at the World Under-18 Hockey Championship in the Czech Republic.

"It's disappointed to lose out of playoffs but I have a great opportunity in front of me so I'm kind of excited about that," said Pulock on Thursday, "I think it'll be good for me for the future with Hockey Canada to get there and play with them. I'm really looking forward to it."

Pulock finished third among defenceman in scoring had 19 goals and 60 points during the regular season and added three goals and five points in nine playoff games.

The Grandview, Manitoba product will leave Friday and is expected to join the Canadian team in time for their second game of the championship Saturday against Finland.

"They definitely play a little different style of game over there," saud Pulock, "I think it'll take a little time to adjust to but I think I'll be alright with it once I get over there and start playing."

Canada opened the World Under-18 Hockey Championship Thursday with a 6-1 victory over Denmark.

Mathew Dumba of the Red Deer Rebels had a goal and an assist for Canada while Mike Winther of the Prince Albert Raiders also scored.

No comments: