Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Dziurzynski Meets Former 'Mates

Darian Dziurzynski stretches with teammates following
Wheat Kings' practice on Monday
Darian Dziurzynski's return to the Brandon Wheat Kings' lineup couldn't have come at a more opportune time.

Dziurzynski is back from a two-game suspension Tuesday night when the Wheat Kings open a two-game Saskatchewan road trip in Saskatoon.

It's the first time Dziurzynski faces his former team since being acquired by Brandon October 16th in exchange for three draft picks.

"I'm really looking forward to it. I have a lot of friends on that team and it'll be fun to play against them," said Dziurzynski after Wheat Kings' practice on Monday, "The fans treated me reallywell over my time there and, hopefully, they still treat me well when I go back."

Dziurzynski has six goals in seven games since joining the Wheat Kings, but admits he's had an up-and-down month with Brandon.

"I started off really well, played a couple of good hockey games and then I got off track there. I was thinking too much instead of just playing with my instincts," said Dziurzynski, "I got a little bit better in Swift Current (last Tuesday) so hopefully I can carry that on through the road trip and then the two games coming back here."

The Wheat Kings enter Tuesday's game tied with Regina for top spot in the East Division and just one point ahead of the Blades.

Chaff...F Dominick Favreau practiced in a no-contact jersey Monday as he continues to make his way back from a suspected knee injury while F Jens Meilleur (upper body) skated on his own following practice Monday...Medicine Hat's Hunter Shinkaruk was named the WHL's Player of the Week Monday after scoring seven goals and 11 points in three games last week...Cole Grbavac of the Tigers was suspended one game for the charging major he got vs. the Wheat Kings Saturday night. Grbavac, the 35th player suspended this season, sat out the one game on Sunday.





No comments: