Wednesday, 13 July 2011

White Re-Signs with Habs


Ryan White at Heritage Classic
 The Montreal Canadiens have signed Brandon product Ryan White to a one-year contract.

White, 23, was a restricted free agent split last season between the Canadiens and the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs.

His new deal is a one-way contract worth $625,000.

"I'm going to go in there and try and earn more ice time," says White, "I think as a player, that's my job to go in there and dictate how much ice I get and how much I play by the way I play. Sounds like I'm going to get a chance to play, and they're exciting about the way I've been progressing."

In 27 NHL games, he had two goals and three assists, was plus-5 and averaged 8:55 of ice time.

"The last few games, I felt right at home and started to play my game. I felt more and more comfortable every night so, hopefully I can continue that into next season and start off on the right foot and get a good jump on the season."

Among his highlights in 2010-2011 were playing in the Heritage Classic in Calgary, the same city where he played his junior hockey, and a Gordie Howe hat-trick in a game in Minnesota on March 20th.

You can check out that video here...

Here's the official release from the Habs...

No comments: