Sunday, 29 May 2011

Prospects Camp Concludes

Jack Palmer, in White, scored twice Sunday.
The Brandon Wheat Kings' prospects camp came to a close Sunday with a 4-on-4 scrimmage that saw Team White defeat Team Black 4-2.

Jack Palmer scored a pair of goals for team while while Taylor Cooper and Jason Miller, into an empty-net, also scored for the winners.

Palmer is the son of former NHLer Brad Palmer and says his dad has always been there to give him advice.

"Every game, he tells me everything I did wrong or right," says the 6-foot-1, 180 pound Palmer, "He's always honest and gives me his opinion on what I have to work on and never lies, so it's good."

Palmer was Brandon's eighth round pick in the 2010 WHL Bantam Draft and the Victoria product had to travel further than any other prospect for the camp.

He also says his purpose is a little different than his first trip to Brandon last fall.

"When I came here last time, I was just trying to get the grasp of it and show them what I have," says Palmer, "Now, I got to step up and try to make the team."

Palmer notched nine goals and 24 points in 35 games with the South Island Thunderbirds of the B.C. Major Midget Hockey League last season.


Chaff...Tyler Fuhr stopped 28 shots in goal for Team White while Brendan Harms had a pair of assists...for Team Black, MacKenzie Bauer scored both goals and Jordan Papirny made 25 saves.

No comments: