Saturday, 28 May 2011

McGauley Anxious to Show Off to Wheat Kings

Tim McGauley
Tim McGauley isn't used to sitting around.

However, that's all the 15-year old was able to do Saturday at the Brandon Wheat Kings' prospects camp.

An arm injury means McGauley isn't taking part in the on-ice sessions but he's still trying to soak in as much as he can.

McGauley was acquired from Saskatoon as part of the Brayden Schenn deal on January 10th after being selected by the Blades in the first round of the 2010 WHL Bantam Draft.

"I'm just happy to be here. I can't wait to get on the ice after this injury," says the Wilcox, Saskatchewan, "I just want to crack the roster, first of all, and I feel a can do really well here and contribute to the team."

McGauley notched 12 goals and 21 points in 38 games with the Regina Pat Canadians of the Saskatchewan AAA Midget Hockey League last season.

"I really have to work hard. I have to get by arm back in top shape, and then I get myself into really good shape," says the 5-foot-10, 160 pound McGauley, "I have to work hard all summer and get ready for fall camp."

The Wheat Kings' prospect camp will conclude Sunday with a 4-on-4 intrasquad game at 10:00 a.m. at Westman Communications Group Place.

Chaff...current Wheat Kings Mark Stone and Jens Meilleur joined the 24 prospects during Saturday's on-ice session...in addition to the on-ice session Saturday, players also underwent physical testing while a seminar for the 1996-born players and their parents was also conducted.

No comments: