Friday, 5 November 2010

Toews Set to Return

The Brandon Wheat Kings injury list looks like it'll be getting a lot smaller this weekend.

Forward David Toews looks poised to return to the brandon lineup after missing 11 games with a high ankle sprain.

Toews practiced fully on Thursday on a line with Scott Glennie and Michael Ferland and the 20-year old is confident he'll be back this weekend.

"I think there's a pretty good chance I'll get to play," said Toews after practice on Thursday, "I think we still need to discuss it but I've been cleared to play and I've been practicing hard. It's up to Coach McCrimmon and he'll make that decision and let me know."

Toews had three goals and six points in six games before being injured on October 3rd in Saskatoon and the Winnipeg product is hopeful the Wheat Kings are headed in the right direction.

"We've getting pretty close to getting healthy and I think the chemistry seems pretty good in the dressing room right now," says Toews, "We have to take a good step forward (Friday) and come out flying in the first period."

Three other Wheat Kings look ready to play this weekend as Ryley Miller, Shayne Wiebe and Jens Meilleur all practiced fully Thursday.

Miller (jaw/concussion) has missed the last five games; Wiebe (leg) left the club's last game Saturday and Meilleur (broken hand) has yet to play this season.

No comments: