Thursday, 2 September 2010

Schenn, Glennie Carded in TO

(With Information from Canadian Press, TSN)

Some of hockey’s best young talent was on display in Toronto Wednesday at the 2010 NHLPA Rookie Showcase.

23 players including Brandon Wheat Kings' forwards Brayden Schenn and Scott Glennie were brought together by the NHLPA in order to get their pictures taken by Upper Deck and Panini for their first NHL rookie cards.

The experience brought back memories for Schenn, who used to be rewarded with a pack of cards every time he registered a hat trick in minor hockey.

"Me and my brother (Luke) and a couple of neighbourhood buddies, we used to be big hockey card collectors...I used to have a big binder full," Schenn told TSN, "My favourite card that I always wanted to get was Pavel Bure. I tried to trade with all my buddies for him, and I seemed to do pretty well with that."

The players began the day with a 45 minute media session, followed by a rotation through a series of stations set up by the two trading card companies.

Once in uniform, prospects were photographed on and off the ice, with a video component thrown in for good measure.

No comments: