Thursday, 4 March 2010

Schenn Inks Entry-Level Deal with LA

The Los Angeles Kings have signed Brayden Schenn of the Brandon Wheat Kings to a three-year entry level contract.

Schenn was selected in the first round, fifth overall, by the Kings in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

"The draft was the first step and now this is the next step in becoming a pro hockey player," adds Schenn, "I've signed a contract but you don't want to take anything for granted, that's for sure."

He played in one game with the Kings back in November after signing a one-day regular season amateur tryout agreement.

"I wasn't really too concerned. I knew it would happen at some point but I wasn't really to sure when," adds Schenn, " Now it's out of the way and I can focus on playoffs and these next five games we have coming up."

The Saskatoon product is sitting in seventh in WHL scoring this season with 29 goals and 56 assists for 85 points in 54 games.

No comments: